Emilio Rescigno was born in Finale Ligure, in the province of Savona. His first camera was a Kodak Instamatic 110, he was 12 years old, all the rest is life. In his opinion the photographer is a person “who can find that small and hidden particular or detail (part of that universality we observe) that we can’t catch, and he communicates it through his eyes and his works.
He likes to quote a beautiful thought of the French photographer Edouard Boubat (1923-1999):“You can’t become a photographer. You must live this work everyday, hour after hour, seizing the moment. The thousandth of second. Everything changes. Every moment. Only a step forward or back can damage the most perfect picture…”
His work’s philosophy embraces two simple words: Emotional photography. It does not concern a simple descriptive image, but it draws attention and interest of the most deep and intimate part of the observer, causing an emotion, a wish, a sense of belonging related to what it has been observed. We obtain this, when the observer is able to go through that landscape, environment or face’s eyes that have been portrayed.
Emotional photography concerns advertising and promotional photography and it can’t be only descriptive to achieve its preset goals.
Credits – Exhibitions
He is partner of the National Association of Professional Photographers of Milan and took two exams to certify his professional level. He is Google Trusted Photographer with regard to Street View professional Virtual Tour.
He obtained a new qualification with reference to 360 degree panoramic photography. Art Director for Imago2.
Teacher of photography for the Association “Barone Rampante” or upon request for different photographic genres.
– Magazines and national or international newspapers (24 Karati, Business People, Archeo, Montagna, Tourit and others) have included his photos.
– Report at the Photography Prize, Milan 2008: “The photographic production of Rescigno tends to find a remarkable balance between customers’ demand and his personal research of technical growth in this field” (Roberto Tomesani – President of the National Association of Professional Photographers).
Whenever it is possible, he takes part to stages or workshops such as Adobe and Hp presented by teachers of international celebrity. This allows himself to stay updated with regard to shooting techniques and image processing.He has improved his experience in theatre photography and since 2006 he had been for many years one of the stage photographers of “Teatro della Tosse” in Genoa. He has worked for important theater directors, such as Maximilian Nisi, and musical bands.
He is also specialized in architectural photography and put himself to the test with shots of big spaces using sophisticated techniques.
– In collaboration with Finale Ligure, the International Institute for Ligurian Studies and the Superintendence for Archeological and Landscape Heritage of Liguria he took part in the realization of a book with photos of the new birth of the Former Convent of St. Caterina in Finalborgo, where today important events of worldwide sensation take place.
– In this context he followed the four Editions of Festival dell’Inquietudine (2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011) and every year a leading figure of the cultural and managerial world was awarded. (The article on Business People).
-In 2009 he was co-author of the book “FINALE IN FAMIGLIA”, publishing house De Ferrari of Genoa, (press release), edited by Doc. Flavio Menardi. It retraces the history of Finale Ligure through the pictures, from a cultural and historical point of view, from 1870 until to the ’60s, collected and organized by the families of Finale and the collector Roberto Zunino, co-author of this book.
– In 2011 he went to the European Parliament of Bruxelles with a Delegation of Finale Ligure to receive the price as “European Town of Sport 2012” for his graphic design and the work of different Sport’s Associations and the municipal administration.
– He had the chance to photograph prominent celebrities such as: Eva Herzigova, Oliviero Toscani, Gino Paoli, Markus Stockhausen, Eleonora Giorgi, Irene Grandi, Renato Zero, and famous models, Marguerite Guerin (first etoile commedienne in Paris) and Larisa Romanova.
He travelled in different countries and in 2002 he was selected by the International Events of Milan to represent the Italian photography for the “Independence Day”: four evenings dedicated to the USA to celebrate the 4th July.
– 2009 – “IMMAGINI E PAROLE” is his exhibition at Palazzo Ducale in Genoa in the “International Poetry Room” in collaboration with the famous Roman poet Antonella Pedicellli.
– 2009 – “MASKS” is his exhibition about the charm and magic of Venice masks.
– 2009 – he did a picture story on behalf of Unitalsi and then the exhibition “PELLEGRINAGGIO A LOURDES” housed by the exhibition room of the Archeological Museum in Finale, with the support of the Department of Education Sciences and Training Processes of the University of Turin.
– 2010 – the exhibition “DUBAI E DINTORNI” a selection of photos from the picture story in the Persian Gulf.
– 2010 – he went to Nepal with the guide Carlo Mamberto and he did a picture story. The most part of these photos constituted his exhibition “Namaste: from Annapurna Circuit to the Chitwan Jungle”, launched at the Oratorio dei Disciplinanti in Finale Ligure and later in Genoa, Palazzo Ducale, and in other towns, with the support of the Consul of Nepal (Paola Previdi) in Rome.
(click here to see the video of the inauguration)
– 2012 – he realized big pictures and they have been used for conventions about Alzheimer. The pictures are inspired by the Horticultural Therapy conducted by the doctors of Galliera Hospital in Genoa under Prof. Ernesto Palummeri and cooperative’s charge. The exhibition’s supervisor was Marco Riolfo.
– 2016 – “Evidence”: Sculpture and Photography with the sculptor Pietro Tambresoni. This exhibition was introduced by the critic Nicola Angelo Angerame (video)
2016 – “NORWAY” – Report on Norwegian fiords.
Other exhibitions and reports: Reflections – Visions – Sea Visions – Glamour – Sherazade – Finale e dintorni – American fragments – Tra due mari – Grecia – Londra – San Pietroburgo.